Monday, October 29, 2007

The $50 Stock I Should Have Bought More Of

It's painful... The $50 stock that I should have bought a lot of... I didn't and the stock that I did buy more units in, I should have held on. Let's take a look at VMW and PRAA.

So VMW has soared from 50 to 120 within 3 months. PRAA has had a 3 month drop from 55 to an after hours low of 43. No Fun. So let's take a look at the scenario, If we bought 500 shares of VMW, you would have made 35k in less than 3 months. If you bought PRAA, you would have lost 6k. That's a 41k swing. Bottomline, Ouch.

So the reality is, I did buy some of both and yes, PRAA more than VMW. I did however, buy PRAA... at 46. Not horrible but not 140%. Something to think about.



Notes:
In Portfolio: Both
Duration: Holding
Can't Wait: The NBA Season: I'm excited about Houston and Boston.